Friday, March 6, 2009

I haven't been very faithful in writing lately, but I have
been busy concentrating on other projects. So now that they
are out of the way, maybe I can be more diligent to write.

It never ceases to amaze me how God can take a small, every
day occurrence and show us a great truth through it.

Today is house cleaning day. I have been vacuuming, same as
every other week. My dog, Arwen, is for some unknown reason,
deathly afraid of the vacuum cleaner. Now, I can't understand
this because I am the one doing the vacuuming and I have never
tried to suck her up in the vacuum cleaner and I have never ran
her over with it. So the problem is not the vacuumer. (i.e. me)

The problem is Arwen and her finite mind. You see, a dogs mind
is not as infinite as a humans. I am not saying they are not smart.
They just do not have the God given ability to reason the way that
humans do.

You see, she does not understand that the one controlling the vacuum
is the one who loves her more than anyone else, and the vacuum can
not harm her or even come close to her, unless I direct it to.

Our Heavenly Father, is the one in control of the circumstances that
surround us; and no matter how threatening they may be, they can not
touch us or even come close to us, unless He allows it.
What a blessing and peace this give me.

Lord help me to remember that noting can come my way unless you
allow it. Help me to remember that you moved upon the heart of
the Psalmist to write "My times are in thy hand:..." Ps. 31:15.

Have a great and peaceful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment