Well as you can see, I am a little behind in posting on my blog. Please remember this is all new to me.
The big news on my friends blogs today, was the awsom time we had at church last night. Each one giving an account of their personal experience. So I would like to relay to you my testimony.
Yesterday was the first Sunday for my new Sunday School class. I was very excited all week, waiting for the big day to arrive. I had studied all week and felt I was ready so bless the socks off the ladies in my class. Well, needless to say, I was so nervous I could hardly think stright. When I looked at my notes, the were just words on paper. Nothing seemed to make sence to me. I could not remember what I was wanting to say.
When class ended, I felt empty and awful. The excitement was gone and the doubts began to roll in. I felt an over whelming sensation of wanting to burst into tears. Our pastor, Bro. Wiggings brought as really great message, but still I felt empty.
When we arrived home I told my mother, something was wrong, I just did not fill right. Instead of feeling blessed I felt burdened.
My mom awoke from her nap not feeling well. She was complaining of some pain in her chest and in her left jaw. That really concerned me. As we sat on my bed talking, she began to settle down and to tell me how stressful she has been feeling. Our financial situation has been very bad since I lost my job back in May, and my Dad's physical health has not allowed him, since January of last year, to do some of the odd jobs that have always supplimented our income since his retirement. So she and I both have been feeling the pressure of the mounting stress. I told her that when we got to church that during the invitation we would go down and pray about our situation.
Now comes the awsom part! Our pastor stood up to give his sermon, but indstead of starting to preach, he said he felt God was leading him to have everyone who had a special burden to come down to the alter and for him and others to pray for them.
No one but God knew what had passed between my mom and I. There are other who have been having great trouble in our church too. One man who has not been paid for the last couple of week, an family very near to me that have a son who is a drug addict, one whose husband and children will not come to church with her. Member after member who have over whelming burdens.
What a blessing to have a pastor who will listen to God and follow the leading of his Holy Spirit.
It was a great service. How good to have people who can put aside their personal feelings and share each others burdens.
I pray that God will keep me close to Him and remind me each day that there are so many praying for me and my family. I also pray that he will remind me that there are others who have greater burdens than ours, and for me to lift them up to Him each day.
"Now unto him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be the glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end, Amen. Ephesians 3:20 -21.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Miss Beckey,
ReplyDeleteWhy have you not been writing? Get on here girl, and talk! You're very interesting! i want to hear more!!! Do it!
Love, Ms. Rach